Dancing is the prerequisite to sex...

/
0 Comments

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, I do love Italy and Italian men aren't too bad on the eyes either... but sometimes the cliche 'aggressive' pursuit of the Italian man can get a little too much. One particular Saturday night in a busy bar, an Italian guy started talking to me, he was nice enough, and quickly dropped in comments telling me how beautiful I was - which isn't the worst thing to hear, but I just really wasn't in the mood. He said we should dance later - now it is at this point that I should say that I LOVE dancing, and would very happily dance all night with someone; BUT unfortunately in reality, you can't JUST dance with someone without more being thought of it. So I decided to try a different tactic here, rather than the normal dancing until he tries to make a move and me trying to explain that I really do JUST want to dance...


SO I said "sure I'd love to dance, but just so you know, I am not going to have sex with you" - the look on his face was priceless! He wasn't too sure what to take of it, stumbled over his words for a bit before saying, "of course, fine fine, I am just going to get a drink and see my friends, I will come back later..." And that was the last that I seen of him! Brilliant. But I think if I ever want to dance ever again I should probably not use this sentence anytime soon...

I find this hilarious. Now fair enough though, I am sure that guys don't JUST like dancing like us girls do, so naturally they assume that dancing leads to sex...



After talking about this with a girlfriend over dinner, we were discussing what is worse - the very obvious 'aggressive' Italian man, who is clearly out for one thing?



OR the guy who plays it less aggressive and maybe says more of what we want to hear?...



But inevitably it leads to the same thing. I mean lets be honest, I do not think that guys go to clubs to find a girlfriend or make a friend... so should we really get upset or act surprised when a guy makes a move on us?.. I guess it is playing naive to believe anything else. So maybe we get annoyed with the obvious approach of the Italian because while we know in both scenarios the final scene plays out the same, as girls we like to go through the throes of the build up to that point, and that we didn't know or intend the whole time to wake up beside them... 

But the fact of the matter is, this IS all part of the foreplay, this 'picking-up' dance, is just as important as foreplay foreplay - and yes guys - foreplay is also very important! But back to the pick-up dance - the glance across the room, eye contact, an eventual introduction, a drink, a gentle brush of the back or neck, a dance and then finally 'the' dance... It is all part of it. I have often toyed with the idea of acting like a man and literally going up to a guy and saying "how about it?" (of course I would be slightly intoxicated at this point for courage); but I just don't think I could go through with it, without the aforesaid 'dance' I don't think it would be the same, the chase is all part of it, it builds anticipation, and then the ultimate satisfaction when you bed the dreamy guy you have been flirting with all night... I actually miss this, I can't remember the last time I saw a guy that I just had to have. Dam growing up, it seems I am getting harder to please - metaphorically  and literally speaking (if you refer back to 50 Shades you will understand this comment more).

Sigh... 

Again I digress, and end up in my own reverie of romance and love... But the point is maybe someone needs to let Italian guys know about this 'foreplay'. I haven't actually had sex with an Italian guy... yet, so I can't make any comments about their bedroom etiquette  but I hope this lack of foreplay in the chase, is not also reflected in the bedroom... I guess I will have to do some research on this point and let you all know...


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.
There was an error in this gadget